Monday 20 March 2017

Why is it so?

I have just been lazy! 

Ok, I did try to write a few times, but I couldn’t proceed beyond a few insipid lines! I think I was too far into believing that I was a cool writer type person – Thud! J

But you know, I have so many random things to ask and tell you’ll that I thought I’ll make one more attempt at writing and convey all these nonsensical things! Why should I suffer alone with these arbitrary thoughts J

So tell me, have you ever wondered how a white hair suddenly gets a lot of strength? I have a boring hair fall problem (There! I said it out on a public platform). Half the time I am worried about the amount of hair on the floor than the hair on my head. But I have never once seen a white hair on the floor. They seem to have some new found strength and vigor! Can anyone help me understand this!

Or try this extremely valid question posed to me by a 6 year old little boy in my building on the way to school (With immense hope): Aunty maine aaj subah potty nahi ki to mein school jaaun ya ghar pe hi rahu? (To make matters worse, his grandpa was accompanying him – and he seemed to expect an answer to this too).

Alternately, can you tell me how to decipher an Uber or Ola driver’s “Mein idhar hi to hun madam” when he comes to pick me up and is actually nowhere near my pick-up address! Is it mandatory to have extra-sensory powers while booking these cabs to know exactly where the driver is?

Or help me understand why every morning, milk and newspaper is delivered at 9 am, but on Sundays, it is promptly delivered at 7 am?

Also, does everyone finally get a seat in a train (after standing the whole time) just when the train is pulling up at their destination station or is this privilege unique just to me?


And finally, please tell me, Kattappa ne Baahubali ko kyun maara? This, even India wants to know! :) :)

19 comments:

  1. So true on white hair... You have an art.. To make the most routine things in life interesting.. Be it your maid stories or your old aunty stories... Now the kid not having potty story... Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so worried about the boy and his tummy. I'd be terrorised about doing potty in the office!
    Don't know about the white hair but Dubai water has left me bald!
    I just had to deal with uber drivers in Bangkok and the exact gps locations for both really really helped. God knows what we did before Google!
    I hate Friday morning enthusiasm! My flatmate really tires me out even as I can hear her moving around from 8 am!
    The train thing seems to be an universal phenomenon, even the "only empty seat is next to the noisiest baby or stinkiest man"! Thank God airline seats are assigned!

    Please write more often, even if they're just random thoughts such as these. These simple slice of life moments are what we need to cherish everyday and most don't. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments on the blog are always more beautiful and a much better read than the blog itself :) Thank you Ips! Please be regular with your blog now!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smith that part of the white hair is such different thinking...and that uber part is so relatable...the potty part was hilarious !! I haven't stopped laughing...dude pls continue writing..and no more laziness !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehh...u always crack me up smiii...u write things that we can always relate too...love ya 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bang on about the white hair. I have one tinyyyy one and no matter what I do - hair cut, vigorously brush it back, try to pull it off, etc., - it stays put, like someone has super glue-ed it to my hair. Ugh!

    And the kid's excuse is so adorable! I'm finding very similar reasons to not go into work ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Glue :) :) Hehehehe it surely seems so, no?!!

      Delete
  7. Smiti, I've the answer to your white hair question. It pops up after 30+ years. They are newer, hence stronger:) Also, it's difficult to spot white hair in the shower, because the amount of black hairs you see depresses you.
    The grandfather stayed mum, probably because he's facing the same situation :)
    An unrelated answer to the ola/uber driver wisdom. In the movie 'Mckenna's gold' Gregory Peck will just announce "We're halting here for the night". One gold digger replies with a taunt, "oh Yeah! who says so", GP's reply, "The map says so!" The drivers haven't changed in almost five decades!!
    The last one is ubiquitous to mumbaiites..
    Have fun, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made Appa read this and the first thing he said was that he watched the movie with you, Ranga :)
      Thank you!!
      Also - from now on, never talk about age on my blog :P :P

      Delete
  8. Smiii
    Hahaha hilarious !!
    Yes !!White hair are stronger, and they are thick, wavy n sharp too!!
    boy with tummy problem ...funny input but it's a big problem for them ... surely the indian school infrastructure is to blame !
    Hehe the uber driver must be enjoying me time...😁.
    Smiii keep writing !! your expressions have an instant connect !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such issues u have yaar. I'll add a few...

    1. Why does the lane I'm driving in moves the slowest?
    2. Why do my pocket aces never win?
    3. Why is 1 plate idli too less and 2 plates too many?

    I guess.. Such is life 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever seen my pocket aces win? Haan?

      Delete
  10. Such a beautiful n real blog with most things we can so easily relate.....
    Why?? Why???why???
    Why is it that these days we hardly meet????etc

    ReplyDelete