Saturday 20 December 2014

Gang of Girls!

The bolt of lightning lasted 2 days and 2 posts!

Suddenly, I didn't know what to write about next. I was hoping to be all intellectual, smart and cool by writing on various intelligent topics and I thought I’d be writing posts every day by the hour! Unfortunately, I have experienced what accomplished people encounter after years of writing. Yes, I have already encountered a Writer’s Block! The fact that I have called myself a ‘Writer’ itself should tell you how high my expectations were from myself when I started this blog! J

So, I turned to my ever helpful, ever supportive Gang of Girls for motivation.

There’s something extremely special about this Gang. These are women from different backgrounds and corners of the world, who are all achievers in their respective fields. Amazing managers at work, extremely talented in their crafts and exceptional home-makers: They are all encompassing. These women never fail to surprise me, inspire me and spur me on in life.

Whether it is a work-related issue or a personal issue or even a kitchen related issue – these girls have the perfect answers and suggestions.

They share my life – they patiently hear me crib, they put up with my non-stop chatter and hazardous auto-corrected sentences, they hear me gloat about achievements at work and even the minor triumphs in the kitchen, they motivate me to try harder – but they never judge. They don’t hold grudges or prejudices. They understand. Collectively, they are my support system. They are whom I turn to for every little thing in life. They are my reality check.

It is when we care and share our joys and pains with each other – that we find God in our midst. Because, the Force exists where there’s love and compassion.

They have taught me this so effortlessly!!


And so, here’s a big shout out to all these wonderful women in my life – you know who you are! I hope you know just how special you are to me!! J

3 comments:

  1. U bet smiii!!! And u know what u r d heart of this group..the warm hearted, the loving and the welcoming person that u r...u helped me reconnect with my friends..whom I had lost touch with...and every word u said about this group is true to bits....so yes heres a big shout out to all of us..and may this bond live forever...loveee u girls...muuuaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember giving this group a challenge of 7 days to survive when it was formed. Happy to be proved wrong! May the force be with the gang of girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of us are very lucky to find even one non-judgemental friend, you are lucky you have a gang. Use the inspiration as a catalyst to keep going. There is so much you can and should say.

    ReplyDelete